Liverpool vs Brighton
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 30 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Brighton & Hove Albion host Premier League champions Liverpool at the Amex Stadium on Saturday afternoon. On paper, this may appear to be a foregone conclusion, but the Seagulls have already demonstrated this season that they can pick an inadvertent poke.
With only two wins from the first nine games, there are some doubts about how the south coast club will fare this season. The win over Newcastle on the second day, as well as several good but unrewarded performances, showed that Graham Potter had them on the right track. Their next victory came against Villa last time out.
Liverpool vs Brighton Head-to-head
- Liverpool had gone 12 games unbeaten against Brighton & Hove Albion before their 1-0 loss to them at Anfield last season.
- Liverpool had won all of their first six Premier League games against the Seagulls. However, they managed to get just one point in two league matches against them in the 2020-21 season.
- Liverpool have registered back-to-back 5-0 wins in their last two games. If they can repeat the feat here, they will become the fourth side to win three consecutive matches by 5+ goals in the history of the English top-flight.
- The Merseysiders haven’t tasted defeat in any of their last 19 Premier League encounters.
- Last weekend’s 4-1 defeat against Manchester City was the first time Brighton conceded four goals after 43 games
Liverpool vs Brighton Prediction
Liverpool, in our opinion, will be able to produce a reasonable amount of opportunities and shots on goal.
Brighton & Hove Albion, on the other hand, will have a tough time finding the net, though we believe they will score here as well.
As a result, we believe Liverpool will win by a comfortable 3-1 margin when the final whistle sounds.
Liverpool vs Brighton Team News
Harvey Elliott (Fracture-dislocation of the ankle) and Thiago (Calf Injury) won’t be available for Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp.
Probable Lineup (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, van Dijk, Robertson; Keita, Henderson, Jones; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Brighton manager Graham Potter has to choose a team with limited availability. Danny Welbeck (Hamstring Injury), Tudor Baluta (Unknown Injury) and Steven Alzate (Ankle Surgery) are names that won’t be on the team sheet.
Probable Lineup (3-5-2): Sanchez; Dunk, Duffy, Webster; Lamptey, Gross, Lallana, Moder, Cucurella; Trossard, Maupay